Comprehensive Counseling Solutions, Inc. Training Institute
Telemental Health Practices & Ethics for Clinicians - 6 CEs
This course is designed to prepare you to effectively provide online psychotherapy services through the use of video and phone sessions.
Telemental Health Practices & Ethics for Clinicians 6 Contact Hours
This is a bundle of 5 courses.
What You Will Learn:
Introduction to TeleMental Health, 1 Contact Hour
- Define Telehealth and telemental health
- Explain the benefits of telemental health
- Explain the possible drawbacks and risks of telemental health
- Describe the support for telemental health
- Describe the history of telemental health
- Summarize the research findings on telemental health
- List the types of settings and locations of telemental health
- List three resources for telemental health updates
Legal Aspects of TeleMental Health, 1 Ethics Contact Hour
- Explain how to determine if you can legally practice telemental health
- Explain how to determine if you can provide clinical services to a client who is not located in the jurisdiction in which you have obtained a professional license
- Describe how to handle a situation in which a client is going to be outside the jurisdiction in which you are authorized to practice while requesting your clinical services
Ethics of using Technology in Behavioral Health, 1 Ethics Contact Hour
- List the sources of telemental health ethical guidelines
- Explain how you can ensure to practice within your boundaries of competence when providing telemental health
- Explain how to ethically use social media and create a social media policy
- List at least five topics that ought to be in an informed consent related to telemental health
- Explain how to verify identity when providing telemental health services
- Describe three possible ethical dilemmas that can occur when providing telemental health
Emergency Management Planning for TeleMental Health, 1 Contact Hour
- Establish with the client an emergency management plan for each session in both a supervised and unsupervised environment
- List what information is required in order to create an emergency management plan
- Explain the process of responding to an emergency during a telemental health session
Ethical and Clinical Skills of Video and Phone Sessions, 2 Contact Hours
- Describe the different technology and environment used when providing video sessions
- List the potential issues caused by clinicians when providing video sessions
- List the potential issues caused by clients with receiving video sessions
- Explain how to create a telehealth station
- Explain video session etiquette
- List the steps or providing video sessions
- Explain how to prepare a client for a video session
- Respond to and process tech issues with a client
- Explain possible applications used during a video session
- Explain how to register a client and collect payment when a client is in a different location than the clinician
- Explain reimbursement options for video sessions
- Explain how to prepare a client for a phone session
- Describe phone session skills
- List the benefits and drawbacks of phone sessions
- Explain reimbursement options for phone sessions
The LIVE workshop times
8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m
Check-in Starts at 8:00 a.m
1 hour (lunch on your own)
Hurry, Slots are Limited!
$89 – Early Registration is more than 14 days before workshop.
$99 – Late Registration is less than or at 14 days before workshop.
Any Questions? Call (770) 521-4498
Online registration can be paid via PayPal through our secured server.
Cancellation / Refund Policy: Cancellation and subsequent refunds are allowed with a 30-day notice. Refunds will be in the form of a business check. Please allow 14 business days for a refund, minus applicable credit card fees. Cancellations received under 30 days will be issued as a credit for a future training. Credits will be valid for 12 months from cancellation date.
The Mind Doctor® Training & Consulting seeks to ensure equitable treatment of every person and to make every attempt to resolve grievances in a fair manner. Please submit a written grievance to: [email protected] or call (770) 521-4498. Grievances would receive, to the best of our ability, corrective action in order to prevent further problems.
Accommodations for the Differently Abled
The Mind Doctor® Training & Consulting training facilities are handicap accessible. Individuals needing special accommodations, please contact: [email protected] or call (770) 521-4498.
It is the participant’s responsibility to check with their individual state boards to verify CE requirements for their state.
Continuing Education Credit is pending through Commonwealth Educational Seminars for the following professions:
Commonwealth Educational Seminars is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Commonwealth Educational Seminars maintains responsibility for these programs and their content.
Licensed Professional Counselors/Licensed Mental Health Counselors (LPC / LMHC):
Commonwealth Educational Seminars (CES) is entitled to award continuing education credit for Licensed Professional Counselors/Licensed Mental Health Counselors. Please visit CES CE CREDIT to see all states that are covered for LPCs/LMHCs. CES maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
Social Workers (SW):
Commonwealth Educational Seminars (CES) is entitled to award continuing education credit for Social Workers. Please visit CES CE CREDIT to see all states that are covered for Social Workers. CES maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
Commonwealth Educational Seminars is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers. #SW-0444.
Licensed Marriage & Family Therapists (LMFT):
Commonwealth Educational Seminars (CES) is entitled to award continuing education credit for Licensed Marriage & Family Therapists. Please visit CES CE CREDIT to see all states that are covered for LMFTs. CES maintains responsibility for this program and its content.