Comprehensive Counseling Solutions, Inc.
Series Workshop for CPCS:
Helping Georgia LPCs Obtain Their CPCS!
24 CE Clock Hour Clinical Supervision Comprehensive Program allowing the GA Licensed Professional Counselor to comply with Georgia Licensure Rule 135-5-.02.
Series Workshop Objectives:
- It will give the therapist a better opportunity to consult, both individually and in group setting, on how to provide the best care to the client.
- It will keep the therapist informed and increase their knowledge and skills of the latest therapy approaches in providing excellent Clinical Supervision to Supervisee.
- It will ensure the therapist is adhering to GA licensure regulations to provide adequate care to the client.
Covered in this Series Workshop:
Day 1 – Foundations of Clinical Supervision
- Defining the Roles that encompass Effective Clinical Supervision (60 Minutes)
- Program Development and Quality Assurance/Performance Improvement Issues (30 Minutes)
- Drafting a Clinical Supervision ‘Vision Plan’ for your own organization (30 Minutes)
- Passion and Counselor Burnout (45 Minutes)
- Working Alliance (45 Minutes)
- Role Induction and the Roles of Conflict and Trust (45 Minutes)
- The Role of Power and Supervisee Experiential Level (45 Minutes)
- The Art and Science of Giving Feedback and Providing Performance Evaluations (60 Minutes)
Day 2 – Models and Methods of Clinical Supervision
- Definition and Components of Clinical Supervision (30 Minutes)
- The Integrated Developmental Model of Supervision (IDM) (45 Minutes)
- The Discrimination Model of Supervision (45 Minutes)
- The Competency Based Model of Supervision (45 Minutes)
- The Holloway Systems Model of Supervision (45 Minutes)
- Other Models of Supervision (15 Minutes)
- Differences Between Administrative and Clinical Supervision (45 Minutes)
- Group Supervision Issues (45 Minutes)
- Techniques for Conducting Clinical Oversight (45 Minutes)
Day 3 – Managing Differences and Difficult Populations in Clinical Supervision
- From Differences to Similarities (competence skill building for supervisees) (30 Minutes)
- Cultural Competency Issues in Supervision (60 Minutes)
- Managing Differences in Supervisees (45 Minutes)
- Evaluations of Supervisees (60 Minutes)
- Managing Difficult Staff (60 Minutes)
- The Impaired Clinician (60 Minutes)
- Due Process (45 Minutes)
Day 4 – Legal and Ethical Issues in Clinical Supervision
- Are You Qualified to Supervise in GA? (15 Minutes)
- Malpractice (15 Minutes)
- Duty to Warn and Protect (45 Minutes)
- Direct and Vicarious Liability (30 Minutes)
- Informed Consent & GA LPC Informed Consent Regulations (30 Minutes)
- Confidentiality & GA LPC Confidentiality Regulations (45 Minutes)
- Record Keeping & GA LPC Record Keeping Regulations (30 Minutes)
- ADA and Discrimination Standards (30 Minutes)
- Responsibility to Colleagues and Clients (30 Minutes)
- Workplace Harassment GA LPC Regulations (45 Minutes)
- LPCAGA CPCS and Georgia Licensure Rules 135-5-.01 and 135-5-.02 Standards (45 Minutes)
The overall function of CCS training and curriculum program is to train professionals in the Mental Health and Substance Abuse fields to help them move ahead fast in these meaningful career fields. The goal is to develop and to be informative to a range of audiences including; the professional who has minimal knowledge of the mental health and substance use fields, the professional who has moderate knowledge and experience, and the professional with considerable knowledge who can benefit from a refresher.
If the therapist needs 24 hours of Supervision Training, they will attend the entire comprehensive program.
If the therapist only needs recertification for NCC, they can attend one or more specific days or the entire series. See workshop dates below.
All workshops run from 8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Registration starts at 8:00 a.m.
LPCAGA Continuing Education Approval Numbers:
CST (F) 018-17SM
CST (M) 018-17SM
CST (O) 018-17SM
CST (L/E) 019-17M
NBCC Approved CE Provider, ACEP No. 6919
Comprehensive Counseling Solutions, Inc. has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6919. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. Comprehensive Counseling Solutions, Inc. is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
This conference also provides 24 of the 45 Continuing Education Clock Hours towards the ACS and 24 hours of recertification for NCCs. It provides the 24 hours of education needed to obtain your CPCS (Certified Professional Counselor Supervisor) from the LPCAGA.
January 11, 12, 13, and 14, 2018
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham
100/110 N 2nd Ave NW, Rome, GA 30161
January 25, 26, 27, and 28, 2018
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Atlanta – Galleria
2780 Windy Ridge Pkwy SE
Atlanta GA 30339
February 15, 16, 17, and 18, 2018
Homewood Suites by Hilton Augusta
1049 Stevens Creek Road
Augusta, GA 30907
March 1, 2, 3, and 4, 2018
Hampton Inn & Suites Macon I-75 North
3954 River Place Drive
Macon, GA 31210
March 22, 23, 24, and 25, 2018
Hampton Inn & Suites
Valdosta / Conference Center
2 Meeting Place Drive,
Valdosta, Georgia, 31601
April 12, 13, 14, and 15, 2018
By Hilton Atlanta – Galleria
2780 Windy Ridge Pkwy SE
Atlanta, GA 30339
April 26, 27, 28, and 29, 2018
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Rome
100 W 2nd Ave Suite 110
Rome, GA 30161
May 10, 11, 12, and 13, 2018
Savannah Marriott Riverfront
100 General McIntosh BLVD
Savannah, GA 31401
$450 – Early Registration is more than 14 days before workshop for all 24 hours.
($125 per workshop only for recertification)
$500 – Late Registration is less than or at 14 days before workshop for all 24 hours.
(or $150 per workshop only for recertification)
Online registration can be paid via PayPal through our secured server.
Cancellation / Refund Policy: Cancellation and subsequent refunds are allowed with a 30-day notice. Refunds will be in the form of a business check. Please allow 14 business days for a refund, minus applicable credit card fees. Cancellations received under 30 days will be issued as a credit for a future training. Credits will be valid for 12 months from cancellation date.
Grievance Policy: Valid grievance requests must be received in writing/email within ten days of workshop date or can be provided in person directly after the workshop. Every attempt will be made to resolve a grievance with a complainant at the time of the grievance.
CE Certificate Replacement Fee: In the event you fail to obtain or misplace your CE certificate for any continuation education workshop offered by Comprehensive Counseling Solutions, Inc, you have 1 year to request your certificate free of charge. If you are requesting certificate replacement for a workshop held more than 1 year after the date of the workshop or course, a $12.00 CE certificate replacement fee will be charged and must be paid in full prior to the issuing of the replacement.
Weather Cancellation Policy: All scheduled workshops and courses will take place on the specified date and time unless a “State of Emergency” is declared for greater than 50% of the State of Georgia, to include all metro Atlanta counties. In such cases, the workshop or course will be rescheduled to a future date, and a monetary credit will be transferred from the original date to the newly rescheduled date. If you are unable to attend on the rescheduled date, a credit shall remain on file for 12 months as applicable only for a future workshop or course facilitated by that specific presenter. Refunds will not be given for any weather-related event.
Email Notification: Please subscribe to be added to our workshop email list. Your email address will only be used for workshop purposes. Your information will absolutely be kept confidential.
Hurry, Slots are Limited!
About the Presenter:
Dr. Russell K. Kawakami is a practicing licensed and national board certified professional counselor, a National Board Certified Clinical Hypnotherapist, an author, a motivational speaker, and a media personality. Dr. Kawakami has been in the mental health and addiction field for nearly 20 years. Dr. Kawakami has worked with a wide variety of issues including relationship issues, anxiety, addiction, self-esteem, anger, etc…—addressing symptoms from a traditional long-term counseling perspective. However, he quickly became tired of chasing symptoms week after week, month after month, and waiting for clients to “be ready” to address the real issues (the origin of their issues). He now specializes in life-changing hypnotherapy that is designed to quickly and painlessly resolve trauma that manifests as emotional and behavioral challenges, in as little as 1-3 sessions.
Dr. Kawakami’s Education and Licensures/Certifications:
Capella University, Ph.D. in Psychology
The Georgia School of Professional Psychology, MA in Psychology – Specialty Professional Counseling
San Jose Christian College, B.S. Double Major: Bible Theology, Christian Leadership
LPC State of Georgia, Licensed Professional Counselor #005761
Global NLP Training, Certified NLP Practitioner, Certified NLP Master Practitioner
Global NLP Training, Certified Motivational Coach, Certified Social and Emotional Intelligence Coach, Certified Life Coach
National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC), (NCC) National Certified Counselor #758470
The Association for Addiction Professionals (NAADAC), (MAC) Master Addiction Counselor Credential #507980
National Board for Certified Clinical Hypnotherapists, (NBCCH) National Board Certified Clinical Hypnotherapist
Advanced Counselor Training, (CPCS) Certified Professional Counselor Supervisor